Maxx GPS/GLONASS with Compass and Attitude Sensor system includes GPS/GLONASS module and 4 axis sensor (compass and altitude sensor). It is used to upgrade Maxx Pro, Maxx ASG flybarless to 10-axis Flight Controller, allows Maxx Flybarless to fly with GPS mode.
- Update rate: up to 10 Hz with 2 concurrent GNSS (GPS and GLONASS).
- New altitude sensor technology, high resolution, fly in high wind conditions more accurately, low error drift by temperature and long flight time.
- Integrated on-board MCU to communicate with FBL unit using full-duplex communication, push-pull IO (not I2C) for low noise and more reliability.
- Automatically hold position according to GPS/GLONASS, keep altitude in center joysick.
- GPS rescue: If your helicopter is reversed or tilted more than 15 degrees, it will automatically activate rescue, the helicopter will fly straight up, then automatically brakes and enters GPS flight mode when you switch to GPS flight mode by transmitter.
- Return to Home: the helicopter automatically returns home when channel 5 (gear) is switched on transmitter, or radio signal is lost.
B. Installation steps:
- Need to setup Maxx FBL to fly normally without GPS Addon board. Then set channel 5 of Transmitter to negative value (less than center 1520us) in GPS flight mode, for example -40, tail gain will be like 40 but Maxx unit will activate rescue mode and GPS flight mode.
Note: Recommended to set low RPM in GPS flight mode to ensure less vibration at high frequencies.
- Put the Maxx GPS system on the tail boom by foam tape, at least 10cm away from the tail servo/motor with micro size, and at least 20cm with 600/700 size
- Connect the Maxx GPS system to the Maxx flybarless Unit via the Maxx Bus port of the Maxx Flybarless (program card port).
- Compass Calibration (at the field):
- Fast swiching flight mode by your transmiter more than 3 times per second. The red LED on the Maxx FBL will flash quickly, indicating that the instrument is in compass calibration mode.
- Rotation your helicopter more than 2 turns with the vertical axis perpendicular to the ground. The Red LED stops blinking indicating that the calibration is done.
C. Take off and fly with GPS flight mode:
- Hold lock throttle by your transmiter switch, set the collective pitch joystick to the lowest level, turn on the helicopter power and wait for the red LED on the Flybarless to flash to indicating GPS/GLONOSS signal is on.
- Continue to wait until the red light turns off indicating that the GPS/GLONOSS signal is enough to fly.
- Unlock the throttle and move the pitch joystick up to the over center when you feel the RPM of main blades is enough to take off.
When the heli reaches the desired height, put the pitch joystick to the center, move the position of helicopter by cyclic joystick on your trasmitter.
MAXX GPS ADDONS MANUAL :DOWNLOAD HERE